Notices

NAV voice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAV voice

OK....I'm sure this is something simple, but I can't for the life of me get the "voice navigation" to turn off. I've tried turning it off in the setup menu with no luck, no matter how I try to set it up. I've also tried to turni it off with the console "voice" button....still no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2003, 04:10 PM
100% Italian

to turn it off look for guidance off
or put volume to 0
I think guidance off is under map route
Old 09-13-2003, 01:02 PM
Registered

Press enter while in regular guidence (not while the turn display is up) and select guidence off. If you want to have guidence but not sound then do the same thing accept set volume to zero.

That said has anybody noticed the difference in voice volume between autopilot on and off. With autopilot ON and volume at 1 the voice is almost two loud. With autopilot OFF I have to raise the volume up to 3 or more. Also with autopilot ON and stereo volume at zero (turned all the way down) the voice is just as loud. None of this is a problem just odd how it works.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:50 AM
Registered

I have noticed some strange things with the nav voice.

Has anyone experienced the following?

1. nav voice volume is loudest in left, front ,driver speaker

2. the female voice sounds a little staticky especially when pronouncing words like "starting ..." (beginning with s)

3. The nav voice can not be heard very well when the stereo volume is very loud (>17). Even with the nav volume set to 3 or 4
I would think that the audio pilot would decrease the stereo volume enough to allow the nav voice to be clear -- Not the case

This bugs me the most!
Old 10-02-2003, 12:45 PM

Originally posted by danRX8man

2. the female voice sounds a little staticky especially when pronouncing words like "starting ..." (beginning with s)

3. The nav voice can not be heard very well when the stereo volume is very loud (>17). Even with the nav volume set to 3 or 4
I would think that the audio pilot would decrease the stereo volume enough to allow the nav voice to be clear -- Not the case

This bugs me the most!
1. I think because you sit closest to the driver's speaker it may sound lounder.

2. Are you making fun of the woman's speach impediment? ;-)

3. Nav voice isn't loud enough to overcome the sound of the stereo from medium to loud volumes.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:30 PM
Registered

Originally posted by graphicguy

2. Are you making fun of the woman's speach impediment? ;-)

ss s sss sorry. I should be more considerate ;-)

Thanks for the reply. I guess the Audio pilot isn't perfect. You would think it would have better sound adjustment.

Enough complaining on my part. The car is great!
Old 10-02-2003, 02:30 PM
100% Italian

are you serious
I have noticed any of that
Old 10-03-2003, 07:59 AM
Registered

Originally posted by danRX8man

This bugs me the most!
1. Nav output is only routed to the left front speaker not to the whole sound system.

2. Have not noticed any problems. Maybe your disc needs to be cleaned. If possible maybe you can record it and let us download a sample. If its that different maybe you can get a new disc from Mazda.

3. If you have autopilot on the the sound is amplified. You can place the radio volume at zero (turned all the way down, haven't tried mute) and it will be just a loud. If you have the volume turned up the autopilot should compensate. With autopilot off you have to crank the volume up to be heard. I will try later with stereo volume up to 17 and see what I can hear.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:19 AM
Go baby!

I've noticed #3, regardless of volume setting on stereo, nav, or use of Autopilot. Nothing seems to fix it.

Haven't noticed 1 & 2.

edit I've noticed #1 now, too. Just wasn't listening for it before.

Last edited by 8_wannabe; 10-12-2003 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:23 AM
Registered

Originally posted by jtdwab

2. Have not noticed any problems. Maybe your disc needs to be cleaned. If possible maybe you can record it and let us download a sample. If its that different maybe you can get a new disc from Mazda.

This is a good idea. I'll check the nav disc for any obvioius dirt/defect. I'll see if I can get a recording.

This is probably me just being ****.

Thanks for the confirmation about the nav sound coming from the left speaker. Just wanted to make sure.